Lions CB Darius Slay cried when he recei

Wszystkie inne dyskusje.
jackky

Lions CB Darius Slay cried when he recei

Post autor: jackky » 2 lis 2017, o 03:09

Darius Slay was so emotional when the Lionsoffered him a four-year, $50.2 million extension on Friday, he cried.The fourth-year Lions cornerback couldn't help it not after everything he'd gone through to get to the NFL.MORE: NFL's top 10 CBs can talk trash as much as they want"I tried to hold my tears in," Slaysaid in an interview with MLive.com, "but I couldn Earl Watford Jersey 't too long, just because of where I came from. I shed a couple tears, man Audie Cole Jersey . I cried on (Lions safety Glover Quin's) shoulder for a second, because he sees me as a pup as a young guy and saw me coming up and doing this right now."Slay "had a rough life as a kid" in his hometown of Brunswick, Ga. When he was a freshman in high school, he found out his girlfriend waspregnant. Once out of high school, Slay had to attendItawamba Community College in Fulton, Mi s., before he could transfer toMi si sippi State.He played for the Bulldogsfrom 2011-12, recording 64 tackles andsix Allen Hurns Jersey interceptions.His play at Mi si sippi State earned him a second-round pick by the Lions in the 2013 NFL Draft. Once in Detroit, however, Slay could no longer rely on his athleticism to help him make plays. The rookie struggled, and was benched in Week 3 but instead of giving up, he sought help from his defensive coordinator andteammates Quin andRashean Mathis.Slay broke out during his sophomore campaign in 2014: In two seasons since, he's recorded 120 tackles, defended 30 pa ses and pulled down four interceptions en route to becoming a star in the Lions' secondary.MORE: Top Detroit Lions of all timeIt's no wonder, then, that the Lions defensive back shed a few tears when he caught wind of his new Jason Myers Jersey contract."I love the city, man," Slay said. "The city loves me, so I don't have no choice but to love the city."

ODPOWIEDZ